The locks you put in on doors at your home and the office serve the important purpose of securing the premises. With locks, you can safeguard your property, documents, trade secrets, and even your life! Thus, it is essential that you keep inspecting these locks on a regular basis to ensure that they are in tiptop condition. You could also get an experienced locksmith to do this for you. Some reasons you may need to change your locks are:
- Attempted Break In: If your house was targeted by burglars, then your first step should be to call in a professional locksmith and change your locks. Even if the break-in was an unsuccessful one, the safest thing to do is to replace all locks immediately for you cannot be sure if it was a random act or the perpetrators are likely to try their luck again.
- Wear and Tear: It is but natural that locks and keys will wear down over time. If they are locks that are used frequently such as those on the main door of your home or the office, then it is likely that they will see more wear and tear than the others. Rekeying can work in some cases and a qualified locksmith will be able to suggest the best option for you. Call us today whether you should change you locks or rekeying is a better and more cost effective solution for you.
- Losing Your Keys: If you have lost your keys, replacing the locks will give you peace of mind as you will never know who might have your keys. When your keys get stolen, then it is imperative to change the locks immediately as it is evident that this act has been committed intentionally with the purpose of causing you harm. You might also want to switch to a keyless locking system if you are in the habit of misplacing your keys often.
- Disturbing Events: If your neighborhood has been witnessing a spate of break-ins or other crimes, it is a good idea to get your locks replaced even when you have not been targeted. This can prove a strong deterrent to anti-social elements looking to create trouble.
- New Premises: Relocating your home or office to new premises warranties a change of locks. The previous owners as well as any tenants might still have copies of the keys and replacing them will bring you some sense of security.
- Outdated Technology: The area of home security is growing by leaps and bounds every day. So, it is possible that you have locks that are easy to pick or are simply not sufficient to guard your property effectively in changing times. Consulting a qualified locksmith will help you weigh your options and choose the best lock for your requirements.
Upgrading your locks is always a good idea as there can be no downside to heightening security at home and at work. While there are plenty of reasons you might want to switch to newer locks, these are some of the most common. Eventually it all comes down to your budget and individual requirements.
Are you looking to upgrade your existing locks to high security and smart locks? Call Racine’s Lock & Key at (262) 509-0366. We have trained and licensed locksmiths in Racine to help you with all your residential, automotive commercial and emergency locksmith requirements.